It helps you to maintain your muscle mass while you burn only fats and this is the best way to lose weight. Indoor cyclin actually burns more calories than the ones you burn in leisure outdoor biking and increases your metabolism rate as it tones your muscles and keeps them in good shape. According to River Front Times, you can really loose weight of your boost your workout routine with a natural testosterone booster.
In this article we will highlight the most important tips to use indoor cycling for weight loss:
- Eat before you ride: This will help you to jump start your metabolism and will give you the needed energy for a workout. Always have a small snack that is made of protein and carbohydrates to keep your muscles moving. Don’t have a big snack though as it will derive all the blood to your digestive system.
- Vary the difficulty and the pace: Interval exercising is the best way to increase your metabolism is you want to use indoor cycling for weight loss as it tricks your body to burn more calories even after it has finished working out. Your body will burn more calories with faster pace against a high level of resistance than the amount you would burn by pedaling for a long period at a neutral pace.
- Split your workout routines: You can get better benefits from 2 shorter sessions than you would in one long one. This is because you are able to push yourself a little harder and your body won’t be strained as much. You can also have more after exercise burn effects by exercising twice a day instead of once.
- Change your style: If you do the same type of exercise routine every day, your body will get used to it. You need to change your style so that your muscles are not used to it. This means alternating the exercise routine, intervals and style.
- Stick to resistance training: This will help increase your metabolic rate which will allow you to burn more calories. Resistance training will allow you to build more lean muscles. You should start by doing resistance exercises at least 2 to 3 times per week.
- Allow your muscles to heal: You should allow your muscles to rest after workout. This includes consuming a good amount of protein and carbohydrates that will provide your muscles with the necessary nutrients and will prepare them for the next workout routine.
- Stick to a balanced diet: Many people think that by burning so many calories they don’t need to stick to a balanced diet. This is very wrong. Going on an indoors cycling routine for 45 minutes can burn about 600 calories which is probably the same amount of calories you can find in a bar of chocolate.
- Stay active after the workout: After the workout your body will keep on burning calories if you keep it in an active state. If you spend the rest of your day resting on a sofa you won’t be getting much benefit post workout if you intend to use indoor cycling for weight loss. Remember that you have to keep on moving.